0113 218 5426 Contact us

HM Forces serving overseas

You are here

“If you’re serving overseas this can cause immense strain on a family relationship.  Your family can feel left behind, you may have had difficult, challenging and life threatening experiences overseas which they cannot begin to understand and relationships can often break down. This can be difficult to come to terms with when isolated from family and friends overseas.

You may be earning more money on tour, and your wife or ex partner may want a greater share of this than you think is fair, or you may have entered into agreements whilst serving overseas relating to your pension or property when separating which are not enforceable in England and Wales.

Your public sector pension is invariably the largest asset of your marriage, and it is important that you get the right advice, to ensure that any agreements you enter into whilst overseas, can be implemented.  There are legal proceedings which can be issued in the High Court in England, but these can prove costly, and often it’s far less expensive in terms of legal fees if proceedings are issued or agreements are entered into which are going to be recognizable in terms of enforcement.

Our team at divorce-rights.co.uk has considerable experience in dealing with the sharing of public sector pension schemes, in representing those in the armed forces, and in representing clients overseas.  Cases with an international element are complex, and it is important that you get the right advice.”